The internet is full of resources which is great, but it can also be overwhelming. The following are products, services and organizations that I recommend in terms of traveling and pursuing a remote work lifestyle. I only recommend reputable brands that I know and trust.
Freelance Rate Worksheet - NOW AVAILABLE!
Digital Nomad Resources
If you’re a digital nomad and looking to connect then your options are as wide as the universe. There’s something going on every month of the year, in every possible destination in the world. That’s why we’ve picked out some of our favourites or ones that we would go on. Here are the digital nomad events that Flystein recommends in 2017.
Flystein is a 'human-powered flight search'. They'll beat your flight price and you only pay when the saving is bigger than their fee.
Women Digital Nomads is built by our community to help all nomads, especially women, find the best cities to live and work remotely, learn new skills and be inspired by others. Here, you'll find city guides with tips on safety, women co-working spaces and accommodation, and much more to help you stay safe on the road while living the lifestyle of your dreams!
- Agoda - This is a great resource for booking accommodations, especially in Asia.
- Airbnb - Airbnb is the biggest directory of rental accommodations, by owner. The quality is usually better and more affordable than a hotel. Using this link you will get a free credit on your first stay from me!
- Booking.com - This is a great resource for booking accommodations. I primarily used Booking.com when traveling throughout Europe.
These three resources I highly recommend. I use check each of them every time I am about to book a flight. These will ensure you get the best deals.
- CheapOair - This is a great site for getting affordable prices. Keep in mind, with that discount there isn't much flexibility in terms of changing flights etc. I've always had success booking through here.
- Hopper - Hopper lets you know if flight prices are expected to increase of decrease. Based on data-driven research, it helps you plan the best time to buy flight tickets. You enter where you are leaving from, where you want to go. Then, it outlines stats on how many people are searching for that same thing, what the average prices are at the moment, who is offering the best prices and if you can expect prices to increase or decrease so you know the best time to buy.
- Skyscanner - This is a great resource for comparing and finding cheap flights. It's a go to website for me when planning trips.
Remote Job Posting Sites
Check out this post for the 6 best sites for finding remote work.
My Essential Digital Nomad Packing list might help guide you. Alternatively, you can check out these places.
Follow the digital nomad journey
Note: Some of the above links are affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, it will earn me a small commission that will help reduce the costs of running this site. I only work with reputable brands. If you have any questions about these services or products, please let me know.